When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeweled Autocycle Tanks and More....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

miller32

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ok...here's the story. I got a call from a older gentleman that said he had recently bought a house with a nice out building and an old barn. He said he had a bunch of old bike parts and car parts he wanted to get rid of that were inside the barn. He sent me some pictures and I about fell over when I saw what was 2 jeweled Autocycle tanks. I asked if they were complete and he said..."why yes they are!" He also sent pictures of some other older bikes and other stuff. So...I told him I wanted it all. I went down and got the lot. The Autocycle tanks are complete with opening door and other parts. There are only a couple of dings that I will be taking out on Monday and you can still see slightly the original decals on both tanks. The bike behind the tanks is an Elgin. The 2 bikes seen in the other picture....one is a J.C. Higgins and the other I am not sure??? So..your help is need on identifying that one. I got other frames and lights and fenders....and wheels, tanks and other stuff too. I just got back...so I will be cleaning up the stuff and going through it all to see just what I have.

Attachments

• 121212.jpg
    121212.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 1212.jpg
    1212.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 12121212.jpg
    12121212.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 267
Cool pics you might consider not cleaning them or repairing them AT ALL they may be worth more as is. Cleaning and repairing them could de-value them without you evan knowing it. Currently they are in an "un-moleseted state" Most collectors would prefer them as is. Up for offers/trades yet? Please contact me.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
I won't be cleaning them much. Just enough to get the cobwebs out of the insides and a bit of dust that has collected inside of them. I am unloading everything out of the boxes today and seeing what all I have. I want to try and get more detailed pics and post them too. I am keeping everyone posted as I figure out what I am doing with all the stuff.

I won't be cleaning them much. Just enough to get the cobwebs out of the insides and a bit of dust that has collected inside of them. I am unloading everything out of the boxes today and seeing what all I have. I want to try and get more detailed pics and post them too. I am keeping everyone posted as I figure out what I am doing with all the stuff.

I do know that one tank is black and the other is like a brownish/maroon color?

the other frame in the image with the higgins is a monark. Holiday, i think. i cant wait to see the pics of the other parts! you might have the tank for that monark!

Back