When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeweled tank Autocycle Question

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and Jussie Smollett got mugged by a couple or rabid MAGA supporters.

You can believe what ever you want to believe, but the TRUTH does not LIE!

Until you can prove that to be a factory built production bike without a shadow of a doubt, itā€™s obviously someoneā€™s idea of a fantasy build.

Mish/Mash Motorbike with custom embellishments.
Cool bike none the less, but Iā€™d ease up on the story you got when you bought it.
Itā€™s too easy to blow holes through that one.šŸ˜†
And the election was ā€œstolenā€ if you want to go that route Marty..

Motorbike with custom embellishments.
Cool bike none the less, but Iā€™d ease up on the story you got when you bought it.
Perhaps the seller also embellished a story behind the bicycleā€™s history;
(but why would a seller do that?).

I am skeptical about the story, because it fails to ever fully disclose the part about the bicycle twice taken out of storage, only for ā€œgrandma to ride to church on Sundaysā€.

I would do the simple math on grandpaā€™s age and would like to see some of the other bikes of his collection.

I recommend either leaving the add-on reflectors as-is; or looking inside the tank for any interferences for the drill holes for the reflectors, one might find that one side might be easier to re-drill than the other(?). When making matching pairs, it is best to measure 4-times, and cut twice.

There are other styles and sizes of reflectors and escutcheons that also might look nicer.

Last edited:
LOL. How dare you call that a factory schwinn (says the guy who admittedly knows next to nothing about what is factory correct on a schwinn). Yeah, and Charlie got molested.

images.jpeg.jpg

I think we got the puppet that the people wanted, so my take on the election, is, ok,
Letā€™s see what this guy can do!
So far, Iā€™m not impressed.
As for the bike in question, itā€™s pretty obvious that it is a parts built bike.
Whether it was chromed and built at the factory, still remains to be seen.
Until that proof can be presented, Iā€™ll remain skeptical.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to recognize different era Schwinn parts but feel this is a custom. Schwinn did some off the wall things and think if this is a factory bike it would have been some type of promotion and been in print somewhere. In my mind this would have been Schwinn's answer to the CWC Chrome Master. Purely speculation on my part. If mine I think I'd have to add Schwinn decals to break up all that chrome, maybe a chrome Schwinn chainguard then ride the wheels off of it! Cool bike!! šŸ˜Ž šŸ˜Ž

Said seller owned a chrome shop. Hmmm, one must ponder. 80 years of collecting dust would equal patina. Even if you wiped it down every day thereā€™d be places you just canā€™t clean, and aging would build up. I donā€™t see that anywhere on the bike. I think itā€™s really cool looking and should be enjoyed as is whatever it is. PS donā€™t ride it by the ocean! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back