When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JEWELL Leather Tool Bag, early 1900's to teens

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MOTOmike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Selling a really nice JEWELL leather tool bag. It is made of heavy leather. The straps and buckles are intact. Overall, the leather is in really nice condition. The leather of the "skinny" straps on the front of the bag is pliable, but does show some surficial "cracking". The stitching is great on this one. The cool thing about this tool bag is that it has the word/year "JEWELL 1918 " stamped into the leather. Also stamped into the leather is what looks like someone's initials .... RLB ? The tool bag is approximately 6 1/2" wide. This bag came on a 1921 Iver Johnson bike I bought a long time ago (which I still have).

Thanks to Bricycle, I learned the following: There were 3 Jewel MFG's 1892(Indianapolis), 1894(Cleveland), 1898(Elgin, IL.)

$135.00 shipped USPS Priority Mail to your door. If you live in one of the west coast states, add $3.00. Paypal as family/friends or add 3%.

IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

IMG_3851.JPG

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3854.JPG

Last edited:
I received some feedback from a fellow Caber that this pouch was for military use.... possibly ammo, and possibly not for a bike??
The 1918 year stamped into the pouch may refer to the last year of World War I.

Does anyone else know something about this leather pouch?

Thanks locomotion! Amazing photo!
I'll be moving this over to ebay since it is not bike-related.
MOTOmike

Back