When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Deere serial#1223064 year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Only thing I can find is on the right side of the stem has a 74 3. Maybe a '74?

-----

;)

"By Jove, I think 'e's got it!"

Was thinking it could not be earlier than about '72 nor later than about '76 so U R right there and spot on! :D

And you did it all on your own.

It's a nice one. The dropouts and fork ends are brazed in rather than spot welded. It has an allen key alloy stem and alloy brake levers. The frame work is very clean. A fine example. Enjoy.

-----

-----

;)

"By Jove, I think 'e's got it!"

Was thinking it could not be earlier than about '72 nor later than about '76 so U R right there and spot on! :D

And you did it all on your own.

It's a nice one. The dropouts and fork ends are brazed in rather than spot welded. It has an allen key alloy stem and alloy brake levers. The frame work is very clean. A fine example. Enjoy.

-----
Thanks. It was my dad's. He passed a couple years ago and mom has had it hanging in the basement and told me to take it. Definitely a keeper!

-----

Sorry to read of your Dad.

This should be a fine memory item for you.

Would expect that the two of you should be a good match as "late boomers." Am guessing you are likely a "late boomer" and the cycle, being manufacturered in 1974 is also a "late boomer", coming as it does right at the end of the "bicycle boom" of the early 1970's.

It looks to be in most outstanding condition in relation to its ~forty-six years. A tribute to the benefits of indoor storage.

The only non-original component on there is the saddle. It may be something your Dad selected for greater comfort. The original would have been smaller and less padded. It may yet be in the basement, if of interest.

In case you would like to learn the identity of the actual manufacturer for the cycle its serial placement and number can be a good clue. There is an Asian bicycle serial number guide here in case you might wish to look into it:

Asian Serial Number Guide

Hope you experience much enjoyment with the bike as you remember your Dad. ;)

-----

Last edited:
Right off the bat, the bike is somewhere between a 1972 and 1974 model, as that's the years John Deere attempted to enter the bicycle business. With the collapse of the Bike Boom after '74 the company had already pulled out of the market. They're most noteworthy in having gone to Taiwan for their bikes while most marques were still dealing with Japanese and European companies, which ensured that they got some very undeserved derision in the marketplace.

Back