When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Wade

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

John Wade

On Training Wheels
This is a pressure washer motor, a clothes dryer pulley and the bike was a girls bike.I cut the top bar and bent the bottom bar to gain clearance.

20191107_114335.jpg

Yes.centrifugal.Intermediate shaft is made from a pulley from bottom of a riding mower,welded to two v belt idlers.
I've always wanted to make a motor bike (as we named them way back when). I have a junker '62 Typhoon that would be a good candidate. I saw one a few years ago,so simple it was ingenious. He used 1 piece of unistrut clamped to the frame for an engine mount, (it was a 3.5 HP B&S) a 16" rim from another bike mounted to the spokes with these things bought from the local hardware store,a pulley on the engine,of course, and a simple plate with an idler pulley on a spring loaded pivoting lever from a lawn mower for a clutch, clamped to the frame. I rode it, it rocked!

I have a friction drive I made as a youngster in about 68?.It has a hinged plate over front tire with 2 pillow blocks and roller.The motor has a #41 chain connecting it to driven shaft. Centered up ones handle great,but offset ones are ok,once you get the feel of them.They can be made in an evening,without a welder,but 'hot bolts' help! Haha!

This was in about 1975?Still have the 'rigging',but its on a different bike now with a B.and S. now

Me,around 1975?

Back