When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junior Roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

Beaverdam

Found this yesterday at a local 'primitives' shop for $20, I couldn't resist! It's an AMF Junior Roadmaster according to the head decal. It has very unique construction for a bicycle, from the solid tires to the one piece crank that includes pedal shafts. The 'bottom bracket' is a piece of heavy guage sheet metal folded over, there might be a bushing or two in there. It bolts to the frame along with the flattened end of the seat tube. The seat has a plastic top but decent springs. It has radial spoking and is fixed gear. That's right, a kids bike without brakes! How would that go over these days?

ETA: I promise not to Starbomb on this bike! :D

Starbomb:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=138944124685

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 347
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! And it looks very light, I notice you have hooks in the floor to hold it down... ;)

Having the tank and rack is great!

I didn't measure or check the tires for a size.:o They seem like they're in between 12" and 16" pneumatic tires.

So I saw this image on the web:
bikeintree-1.jpg

And I said to myself "Hey, self, that looks familiar."

Of course vandals can't leave anything cool alone...
bicycletreevashonisland-1.jpg

X2! What theif would find value in rusted out kids bike parts? Most likely a bike guy found them. Glad to see some useful parts reused.

Nice to think positive, but I wonder what they did with a chunk of tire...

Back