When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junior Safety Identification Help Please!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The top tube is not horizontal, it just looks that way in the photo because of the stand under the rear wheel. I think a sloped top tube increases the possibility that it's from the early 1890s. Pope started up Hartford in 1890 I think.

That Beast is Out of This World!!!:coldsweat:
Love the Whole Bike, But Specially the Seat!!:D
Was it for Sale??

The top tube is not horizontal, it just looks that way in the photo because of the stand under the rear wheel. I think a sloped top tube increases the possibility that it's from the early 1890s. Pope started up Hartford in 1890 I think.
Thanks again for your insight Brian; you are correct, the top tube is angled down a bi.t when the bike is off the stand. I share your frustration as I haven't found another example with the double down tubes. How were the early Hartford's badged? There are no holes for a badge but if you look at the sixth picture down, a halo/ghost shape is visible on the head tube; guessing the bike had a decal here?

Brant, I'm still working on it. Can you post some measurements please: seat tube, head tube, and pedal cranks?

Brant, I'm still working on it. Can you post some measurements please: seat tube, head tube, and pedal cranks?
The head tube measures: 7 1/4 inches, the seat tube: 23 inches (from the very top, to the metal plate on the bottom just under the rubber block), the cranks: 8 1/8 inches (end to end), 7 " (from the center of the pedal axis to the crank axis). The ghost label/badge outline is approx. 2 1/2 " tall (see drawing). Thank you again for your time and interest in trying to identify this bicycle. I ordered tires yesterday.

FullSizeRender 10.jpg

FullSizeRender 9.jpg

IMG_7890.JPG

IMG_7889.JPG

Back