When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just acquired a 1963 Typhoon...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TimothyNelson

Finally riding a big boys bike
Thoughts? ☺️
ggly9p.jpg

-wgp1h4.jpg

-m9gsmm.jpg

Nice, wrong bars and seat which is easily corrected (if you want.). I just redid this black typhoon using the wheels from a ratty Deluxe American that I had (red band kick back.) when I got it it had beat up chrome fenders and non Schwinn wheels - 24” front and 26” rear.

Last edited:
I just switched over the seat that I had from a red Speedster I purchased that had what appeared to be an original seat but someone had painted it black as you can see in the photo.

That seems to look better to me than the newer seat which is a nice seat which I can use for something else.

I kind of like the handlebars as they are, when riding it, seems kind of cool and none of my other bikes have them... could always switch it over like you said though, will likely want to get some chrome wheels like you have done and some white wall tires, beyond that probably will keep her in what I presume is original condition for the most part.

IMG_20210912_223407673.jpg

Love my '63 , it came to me with these bars. It belonged to Dad of an old friend so it is staying like this. I do have an upgrade for the seat to save me bum. The ride is just as nice as any of my other higher end models probably because its the same bike haha. I wish I still had original painted fenders. I will suggest the new aftermarket 26x2x13/4 WW. The slightly larger tire fills them out nicely and they ride great and less then half of a NOS pair. Good luck and enjoy the bike.

IMG_1576.jpg

I like the tall handle bars, what bikes do they come with or are they aftermarket?
The ones on mine are the early bars off a '64 Stingray. I have yet to see that exact style in new bars but the rest of the Schwinn bars are available. Wald makes a bunch. I have a bunch of vintage types, I'm not fond of the later style Stingrays for my big bikes ( '70 and up the ones with almost parallel riser bars) I prefer more of a V style bar. That is just me. Look around and see what you like, you can message me with questions if you like.

Out of curiosity, what is a good price be to pay for a Typhoon in the above condition such as what I picked up?

Fantastic to get a vintage new Schwinn for the collection, even more fantastic when it's a bargain. 😝🥳

The Typhoon model is not highly collected, so they tend not to draw as high a dollar as a Jaguar or Corvette say but they ride the same. A vintage Schwinn is a vintage Schwinn , That being said where I am it would go for $150/250 that is a $400 on ebay. Can I ask what you paid?

Back