When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just acquired this 1959 Speedster....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Before and after pics of my 1959 Tiger. I painted it. Can’t say I’ve ridden it much.
Couple things. What is the date on the rear hub? Guy might have a late 59 hub in a 1960 bike. Are those S7 Schwinn wheels? I did mine about a decade ago, and NOS wheels were tough to find, then.
Great bike, should be fun, I might suggest a complete service before much riding, I replaced lots of chewed up cones in bikes that sat for decades and came out of hiding and went riding.
I see you are in Minneapolis, dude, we need the rain!

Good luck.
Ted

AE21A88F-F9DA-4910-B36F-215C9C531FEA.jpeg

79C336B6-A399-4C12-A99C-593FA8A8D8C1.jpeg

721B6485-7F0A-4A39-9BA0-7C04FABB9262.jpeg

nice 3 speed middleweight speedster! pedals, grips, seat are not original, and it appears the cable housings are replacements too (not a bad thing if the cables were shot). I love painted fender middleweights with the white tips. Also, i like the whitewalls...would have come with blackwalls but i almost always prefer whitewalls. Nice bike, congrats!

Yes, I had to have her originally the listing was at a price point I didn't want to work with but after it sat for a week or two, the seller became negotiable and as I don't know what the going rate is on something like this in this condition but I love the bike so it's pretty much irrelevant but just for information sake...Based on what you see here what would be a loose estimate in today's market do you all think?

The light itself is worth quite a bit. I agree with you about the painted fenders. The last two Schwinn middleweight bikes I've done have both been painted fender bikes. To be correct for The year, the Typhoon should have chrome fenders. I put it together that way and couldn't figure out why it didn't pop to me. Changed to the painted fenders and Wal-la! is was right. Not hichjacking your thread to say look at my bikes, just confirming what you're saying about painted fenders. With the black bike, I had to go with white sidewall tires. The red bike not such a big deal.
IMG_20210804_121907844.jpg

IMG_20201117_115319331.jpg

Last edited:
That model was only offered for 1959, 1960 and the first half of 1961. No mention of the Speedster on the August 1961 price sheet. They're somewhat hard to find these days in that condition, and with a three speed. I have no comps on these to come up with a realistic value and using other models as a base I'd say that $350 would be a close base for an easy sale on eBay. It's also similar to the second gen Americans other than the factory issued stems.

Got her delivered to my front door for $150.

Cruising her now down the trail everything is holding up quite well for being how old it is, tires, brakes, etc they will need attention but being this is my 9th bike in the last month, lol, I will probably cruise it interchangeably with the others since summer is nearing its end and then I will put them in storage and tackle maintenance come spring with my local bike shop.

Back