When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just acquired this 1972 Schwinn Town and Country....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TimothyNelson

Finally riding a big boys bike
So, now I have two. After the sky blue 1969 I purchased days prior I made the mistake of checking the listings yesterday and 6 hours previous this was listed, had to have it the gentleman delivered it to me at my storage unit, she's absolutely gorgeous can't wait to ride her tomorrow! Also, picked up this vintage Rollfast, I know it's not a Schwinn but here are photos! Plus, it does have a working Schwinn speedometer!
IMG_20220627_185104305.jpg

IMG_20220627_185111395.jpg

IMG_20220627_185118496.jpg

IMG_20220627_185127198.jpg

IMG_20220627_204420967.jpg

IMG_20220627_204436731.jpg

IMG_20220627_204445359.jpg

IMG_20220627_204509318.jpg

Beautiful Town and Country, after you ride this trike tomorrow, let us know if this one also pulls to one side a bit. These trikes are a whole different animal compared to a bicycle. If you are still in the market i suggest try looking for a 1974 and newer T&C. As they switched over from a one wheel drive system to a dual drive system. If you do look for one of these newer trikes, something to know is they use special rear wheel hubs and a differential. So make sure these parts are in working order since they are only used on the T&C and can be very hard to come by

Good to know! I did ride it briefly in the lot and could tell it was definitely not doing what my '69 sky blue is doing. Will ride tonight on the road and report back. This '72 is a three speed where the '69 is a single or may be a kickback two with the hub being yellow bands. Not sure!

1968 - Coaster Brake and 2 Speed Kickback
1969 - Coaster Brake 2 Speed Kickback & 3 Speed
1970 - Coaster Brake and 2 Speed Kickback
1971 - Coaster Brake and 3 Speed
1972 - Coaster Brake and 3 Speed
1973 -1982 Coaster Brake and 3 Speed the rest of production

So your 72 has to be Coaster or 3 Speed unless someone added a 2 Speed Kickback but not original

Also in 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973 they used the sturmey archer 3 Speed Coaster Brake hub.

In 1974 and newer they used a modified Shimano 333 Coaster Brake hub that had a sprocket welded in middle of hub. And it was placed in between the bike frames rear drop outs.

Hey if your blue trike is still pulling to one side, check the front wheels axle and check the right rear wheels axle to make sure it isn't bent. I completely forgot to keep in mind that yours uses conventional wheels for the trike, so check that the right wheel is lined up with the left. So that one wheel is not farther back than the other.

I just looked at pics of your blue trike and i noticed how the right wheel is as far back as possible in the slots, and while i couldnt see how far back the left wheel is. Im sure it is not as far back in the slots as the right wheel because of the chain on the left side. So try re adjusting right rear wheel to match how far back the left wheel is. BTW your 69 is a 2 Speed Kickback yellow band

can I borrow that on August 28th for the big garage sale extravaganza that have in town? probably 50 yard sales in one neighborhood. too many to walk to.

Back