When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just arrived camel back ..What do I have?

-

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
First picture is as bought...3 hours later mostly torn down. Now to find out what I have. No head badge. Photo of serial number and of frame head where head badge was, blue paint underneath. Badge mounting holes are offset like Columbia. Badge would be about 3" tall.

Any help on make and year greatly appreciated.

Mike

Sorry about the double images........

columbia camel back.jpg
IMG_2441.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
columbia camel back.jpg
IMG_2441.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG

I now have 2 Columbia's, both 28", one motorbike, and this camelback. Both have serial numbers that start with the letter D. Checking MrColumbia's web site I think they are both 1926. The motorbike....
IMG_0004.JPG

Serial no,D 37040...

Camelback serial is D 15721

Any input appreciated.

Mike

It is indeed. Cleaned it off and it is stamped Pope. Pretty sure the fork is a replacement. There's no provision for a front fender mount (the screw under the fork) and it doesn't look like the fork on my other '26 Columbia. Gonna be hard to get just a fork and probably the 2 brackets.

Selling my indian motorcycle from taylar cycles. Just throwing it out there if anyone is interested in the one of a kind creation of dans.

Back