When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought A Black Beauty...I Think...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Thanks to a "Heads Up" from @bikesnbuses because it was here on Long Island, I got to purchase this bike. I was leery on first seeing it, and initially said no because of the ebay photos. And at a starting price of $100 or Buy It Now at $150, I declined. I did contact the owner with a bit of info I could make out (like it was a re-paint, etc.) and he thanked me. He then told me he was going to lower the starting price to $50...but if I wanted it he'd do it as a Buy It Now at $50 for me. To tempting to pass up, I figured what the heck! So $50 plus Tax came to almost $55, and this morning I was off to pick it up.

Turns out it's in much better shape that the photos showed (opposite of what I usually run into) and I can't wait to start to clean many, many years of dust and dirt from it.

But...is this truly a Black Beauty? Didn't they all have a "B" crankset or at least a decorative one? And, does anyone have any idea as to the year on this one? I'm assuming 1930's or so, but please let me know. Enjoy the photos I took as it left my SUV. :cool:

Last edited:
This is now officially the oldest bike I have ever owned. I'm thrilled to find out any and all info any of the experts out there can offer. :grinning:

Back