When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought Chicago Flyer - Any Info Appreciated !!

-
So 15 mins worth of work and this...........is about exactly what I was hoping or.
I need to get the Elgin Cardinal finished and then onto this = Inspiration !!!!

IMG_4896.JPG

I found this image of the head badge incase you want to restore the color to yours.

chicago3.png

I have no info on the bike but the car hiding under the cover is a Camaro.
lol.gif

Recently bought this Chicago Flyer - it sat in a barn for 50+ years. It looks to be original except for tires and 1 of the rims. The front is wood and the rear is metal clad. I'm not sure which is correct - guessing the rear?
Still has the leather mudflap attached to the front fender. I spent 10 mins with my WD40 / Naval Jelly concoction on a couple spots and it looks to be the Olive Drab green color I've seen on other bikes.
Rear tire spins straight and true and brakes stop instantly which amazed me !!

Cant't find anything on this bike other than a couple posting for the head badge.
Guessing it's from the 20's or 30's maybe ?? Any help / info much appreciated !!!

View attachment 345490View attachment 345491View attachment 345492View attachment 345493View attachment 345494View attachment 345495View attachment 345496View attachment 345497
Wow! I love the bike, I've never seen a used Chicago flyer badge before. Any chance I could get you to take a nice clear shot of the badge so I can put it in a book I'm working on about head badges. Thank you very much. Barry

Been almost 2 years.......time to get on this one.
I have never seen this head badge in all of the searching I've done since I got it.
Anyone with new info on it...........????
I have one and sold another to a friend last year. I also know of several Cabe members that own copies of that badge, but I had never seen a used one until I saw yours. I don't know anything about it either after researching it? Thanks for posting the photos. Barry

1924 ... four Douglas World Cruisers sought to
circumnavigate the globe ... this voyage being
the very first attempt by anyone.

Led by the Chicago ... other members of the
adventure were the New Orleans .. the Boston ..
and the Seattle.

The whole story can be researched. I do not
know how to post a link.

..... patric

Aircraft_Chicago;Aero27G6  1924.jpg

637b9f86b0431c44dfbbdacee49ddcf9  chicago 1924.jpg

Wow! I love the bike, I've never seen a used Chicago flyer badge before. Any chance I could get you to take a nice clear shot of the badge so I can put it in a book I'm working on about head badges. Thank you very much. Barry

Barry,
No problem - I'll take a few pics of the head badge today / tomorrow and get them posted up.
I'm guessing you have a head badge and not a bike......can I get a few pics so I can put in with my info / PM is fine if you want to do that.
I am going to carefully clean it a little. Was going to start with some reg old soap and water, wipe it down and maybe a sodt bristle tooth brush and see what I get - go from there. Any suggestions / tips if you've ever cleaned one ????
Kato

Kato ... stop right there !!

Go no further ... or you will allow bright
and shiny to surface.

Right now the badge patina is in keeping
with the bicycle. The technology you used
has given a lot more character to the over-
all vision the entire bicycle provides.

We can see the badge ... we can see the bicycle.

Looks like they grew old together. Good Form !!

..... patric

Back