When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Bought This 1902 Rambler, Looking For Info, Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello Andybee,

Here are a couple of photos of a similar ' 02, G & J Rambler, Mod 52 .

My bike did not have fenders.

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

Glenn

Nice bike, thanks Glenn! There a couple of things that puzzles me: The decal on the seat post tube: Seen a couple of other Ramblers with that decal and it's placing. But if they were equipped with the original leather toolbox as stated in the catalogues, you wouldn't see this decal, the tool box would cover it. Or did this model not have the tool box? Or maybe the decal was covered by the tool box and everyone was happy with that...

Another thing is the head badge: Should it be painted black as on your bike? Seen one in brass finish with black as background for the text. But also one nickel plated and black. And i wonder if the lugs near the crank also were gold pinstriped?
Regarding fenders, my bike has a screw in the back side of the front fork indicating it would be for a fender.

Hmmm. Very interesting. Mine has that little screw as well and it does not look to me as a fender mounting screw or a brake connection. I have never seen that fender rambler picture before. Also unsure if the 1902 is soley a bike built in 1902.

i think the small front wheel was a handicap and safety option ,first it made mounting the bike much easier! second it made you much closer to the ground when you took a header and reduced the force with which you hit the road ! just think of it as a true safety bike ! then again i may be wrong ?

Nice bike, thanks Glenn! There a couple of things that puzzles me: The decal on the seat post tube: Seen a couple of other Ramblers with that decal and it's placing. But if they were equipped with the original leather toolbox as stated in the catalogues, you wouldn't see this decal, the tool box would cover it. Or did this model not have the tool box? Or maybe the decal was covered by the tool box and everyone was happy with that...

Another thing is the head badge: Should it be painted black as on your bike? Seen one in brass finish with black as background for the text. But also one nickel plated and black. And i wonder if the lugs near the crank also were gold pinstriped?
Regarding fenders, my bike has a screw in the back side of the front fork indicating it would be for a fender.
Late to the party, again, but just saw this comment on the screw and hole on the posterior fork crown. At some point fenders were added as standard equipment but I can say that up to 1900 and maybe a few more years this hole had a screw mounted in it that, with a tabbed washer served as an anchor for a string that ran around the lower headset seam to create a bearing seal.

I have a few original applications with the described intact. The following attached is a good example on an otherwise severely degraded 1899 Ladies 28.
20220907_190121.jpg

Thanks, good to know. I sold the bike as i found the other 1902 in far better condition. The guy who bought it has got it back on the road again, his skills with the lathe surely helped, since this bike had several bearing issues. Here's how it looks now:

FB_IMG_1662643510902.jpg

Back