• Due to some recent accounts having their passwords hacked, we are requiring that everyone set a new password. On your next login, you'll be given the option to choose a new one. Please follow current password guidelines for secure passwords. Sorry for the trouble!
  • If you find yourself somehow redirected from theCABE and you're being asked to enter your credit card infomation, don't do it! This is not legitimate! We do not charge for membership. TheCABE is FREE for everyone!

Just bought this 1962 Schwinn American Deluxe.

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyberpaull

Finally riding a big boys bike
Now I start the hunt for the "S" fender light and the rear rack.
1962 Schwinn American Deluxe.jpg

greenephantom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Very nice. Only year for Radiant Red on the Deluxe Americans, so a neat bonus there. Shouldn't be too hard to track down those parts.

Cheers, Geoff

cyberpaull

Very nice. Only year for Radiant Red on the Deluxe Americans, so a neat bonus there. Shouldn't be too hard to track down those parts.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoff, You would think so on the parts. Both the rack and the light were unique. I can't find them anywhere. This is where i need to be patient. Paul

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
Paul and others

Hey Paul, would you mind telling me what you paid or what is a good deal?
Because I am looking at a similar Fleet in excellent condition, but I believe it is a 24"
Candy red, clean bike...............Wayne

cyberpaull

Hey Paul, would you mind telling me what you paid or what is a good deal?
Because I am looking at a similar Fleet in excellent condition, but I believe it is a 24"
Candy red, clean bike...............Wayne

Sent cost in a message. Prices from West Coast and East Coast are far apart. That's my opinion.

Last edited:

greenephantom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Rack not unique to the men's Deluxe American. I believe you're looking for the no-reflector rack, these also came on the Fleet and Fiesta lines as well as the women's Deluxe American. You could also rock the four reflector or the later two reflector version, hey, it's an upgrade. You might still have the three longer mounting bolts that these racks require, or they might have gone with the rack, just something to be aware of.

Cheers, Geoff

cyberpaull

Rack not unique to the men's Deluxe American. I believe you're looking for the no-reflector rack, these also came on the Fleet and Fiesta lines as well as the women's Deluxe American. You could also rock the four reflector or the later two reflector version, hey, it's an upgrade. You might still have the three longer mounting bolts that these racks require, or they might have gone with the rack, just something to be aware of.

Cheers, Geoff

Thanks Geoff

Mickey

On Training Wheels
I am also looking for a bike like this....anyone seen one for sale lately....distance no problem.

Foxychickmx

On Training Wheels
1962 American Deluxe

I am also looking for a bike like this....anyone seen one for sale lately....distance no problem.

I believe I have one ... It's either the deluxe or the fiesta. . . It has been painted so I can't tell for sure. I also have a 1962 king sized American (not painted at all) and both were owned by husband and wife so I can only assume that they both are Americans. Having trouble posting pic though. Let me know if you want to see.