When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought this 1962 Schwinn American Deluxe.

-

cyberpaull

Finally riding a big boys bike
Now I start the hunt for the "S" fender light and the rear rack.
1962 Schwinn American Deluxe.jpg

Very nice. Only year for Radiant Red on the Deluxe Americans, so a neat bonus there. Shouldn't be too hard to track down those parts.

Cheers, Geoff

Very nice. Only year for Radiant Red on the Deluxe Americans, so a neat bonus there. Shouldn't be too hard to track down those parts.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoff, You would think so on the parts. Both the rack and the light were unique. I can't find them anywhere. This is where i need to be patient. Paul

Paul and others

Hey Paul, would you mind telling me what you paid or what is a good deal?
Because I am looking at a similar Fleet in excellent condition, but I believe it is a 24"
Candy red, clean bike...............Wayne

Hey Paul, would you mind telling me what you paid or what is a good deal?
Because I am looking at a similar Fleet in excellent condition, but I believe it is a 24"
Candy red, clean bike...............Wayne

Sent cost in a message. Prices from West Coast and East Coast are far apart. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
Rack not unique to the men's Deluxe American. I believe you're looking for the no-reflector rack, these also came on the Fleet and Fiesta lines as well as the women's Deluxe American. You could also rock the four reflector or the later two reflector version, hey, it's an upgrade. You might still have the three longer mounting bolts that these racks require, or they might have gone with the rack, just something to be aware of.

Cheers, Geoff

Rack not unique to the men's Deluxe American. I believe you're looking for the no-reflector rack, these also came on the Fleet and Fiesta lines as well as the women's Deluxe American. You could also rock the four reflector or the later two reflector version, hey, it's an upgrade. You might still have the three longer mounting bolts that these racks require, or they might have gone with the rack, just something to be aware of.

Cheers, Geoff

Thanks Geoff

I am also looking for a bike like this....anyone seen one for sale lately....distance no problem.

1962 American Deluxe

I am also looking for a bike like this....anyone seen one for sale lately....distance no problem.

I believe I have one ... It's either the deluxe or the fiesta. . . It has been painted so I can't tell for sure. I also have a 1962 king sized American (not painted at all) and both were owned by husband and wife so I can only assume that they both are Americans. Having trouble posting pic though. Let me know if you want to see.

Back