When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got a Phillips, any info.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STRAIGHT UP

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just got a Phillips 3 speed made in England, seems to be all original except back tire ITS A SCHWINN, can't find any info. on this bike except that they merged with Raleigh about 1980, this bike is a 1970, rides great, ANY INFO.?

Attachments

• Picture 232..jpg
    Picture 232..jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 221..jpg
    Picture 221..jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 227..jpg
    Picture 227..jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 223..jpg
    Picture 223..jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 49
I think they started building in the early 20th century...until Raleigh bought them out. Raleigh was number one. If memory serves, Phillips was number two. Either way, I think you're new bikes is fantastic. Great condition. I've had Phillip's bikes, and my main commuter is a 1980 Raleigh 3-speed. Great, solid bikes. Nice rides, like you said.

Phillips started as a bicycle parts manufacturer--not till after WW2 were bikes build under the phillips name.They were owned by the BBC which bought Raleigh about 1960 and placed all their bicycle brands(10 or so)
under the Raleigh management.Your bike is a Raleigh "B" grade bike---not to mean cheep only that it was a secondary to the 3 main brands built by raleigh.They are going up in value.

that is a mighty fine bike. Looks quite original . I have a Rudge, a little older than your Phillips. Fantastic machine.

Wow, that's a nice one. I've had 3 or 4 of these. None of them were this nice. I still have one. I think it's a 72.
Here's an excellent website, in case you haven't already found it;
http://sheldonbrown.com/english-3.html
Here's my 72. The wheels and fenders are off of different bikes. These make great fixed gear bikes. I've still got the origional wheels in the basement. The fenders were long gone when I found it;
IMG_5829-1.jpg

I think this one was a 58. It had Phillips script hand grips that were pretty cool, I don't know why I didn't take a picture. I sold this one a while back;
IMG_35531-1.jpg

Different fender contour is how you spot the pre-Raleigh ones;
IMG_35551-1.jpg

IMG_35561-1.jpg

Back