When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got this Elgin...need some help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just checked the serial number. Decodes to a 36. Not saying you are wrong about the fenders, but stainless doesn't rust so thats why they aren't consistent (same with the aluminum stem) Don't see any signs of red but I'll have to take it apart and see. The top part of the dropstand clip is still on the fender. Would the light have mounted in the same holes as the drop stand? Or was it higher up?

The front tire is an Allstate Balloon. Looks like it had a cool design on the sidewalls. Its completely shot. The back is a Pharis? out of Ohio. Even more shot.

My serial number is A79***

1936.……A5429 - A266083

Bricycle, once its rideable we should!

Last edited:
No offence, but can we depend on the lists?... mine begins with a "C" which would make it a '38... they didn't have rain gutter fenders and the old badge in '38?????

Last edited:
I thought so but who knows. How you do you know yours is a 36? Got a picture? Thanks again for all the help everyone

Not every model available was shown in the catalogs, and the book doesn't have every catalog per year. They had the spring/summer, fall/winter, and xmas editions. And they did spec red or black on these, though most seem to be red. And there's always the possiblity of leftover parts being used up. Westfield numbers do seem to be consistent, but you never know!

Pulled the headbadge off and its black underneath. Tried to loosen some bolts for the heck of it. Stem, fork, truss rods, pedals, chain adjusters, seat post, headbadge all came off no problem!

Last edited:
Back