When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just pcked up a early pierce bicycle today.... :)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
heres a picture of the one on my FKS

yep everything is original including the paint. it's the model 21. the seat post tube measures out to 21 inches. i think but not sure that is could be closer to 1898 to 1900 in date. no fender holes or no places for fenders at all. i love to see what the goose neck would look like. it might be possible that the rims were added later but they match the bike.

attachment.php

i posted some pics in the gallery of mine.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=924
the stem on my earlier cushion drive is similar to the columbia stem. it mounts the bars directly over the fork with no fwd or drop. the difference is that instead of the expanding portion splitting into two sections like the others ive seen, they split into three like some IJ stems that ive seen. i think most of the buffalo pierce bikes had all pure pierce parts except for hoops, pedals, seat and bars. i think they held a lot of patents.
the ND model A hub from the cushion chain drive says ND And Pierce on the brake arm, but i know from the literature that there were pierce hubs, which i suspect were on my FKS originally, but i think that somewhere in time mine were swapped for a coaster brake as the bars and wheels from my example seem of the same age and definately newer than the frame set. this is what i think might have happened to yours(?)
attachment.php

Last edited:
wow cool goose neck. i think you are right they look replaced for comfort. the fit is tight for the tires. sh----t now i have to find the right parts! never ends i tell ya... here are some pics of the hub and stuff. how the bb got in here i dont know:)

if you come across anything about the frank kramer bike or the story about our serial numbers in your research please fwd to me.
pictures, catalogs anything. i am looking for kind of the same things you are so you know, if you find TWO remember me!
Thanks!
if you wan any specific images of mine for reference i would gladly take them for you.
T

sure, funny thing is, i have some track parts (rims set) for early track bikes. im glad i kept them.

after some research i have discovered that the bike dates around 1900. and looking at a few bikes i feel that the rims and hubs are original to it. they match it too well to be different. I still have to find more information though. i discovered that they used the most up to date componets and parts available at the time so could there be a change in the new departure using the only the nd logo instead of the pierce logo with it? like a transitional period for them.

Back