When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Picked Up A 64 Stingray, Whats The Difference.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

snickle

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi folks, Im usually a 26 inch ballon type of guy but with the growing interest in the stingray bikes I couldnt help but pick up a 64 stingray that needs restoring. I basically bought it because I already have a nice 64 frame and forks and I really needed the sissy bar, rear s2, and the handlebars.

That being said, I see alot of ebay item referring to the parts are rare, can someone tell me the differences in the 63-4 models as opposed to the 65-68, ?

Thanks, if this is asking too much, can you point me somewhere to read? Thanks

The frame is smaller, basically what would be known a Junior in later model years. The rear wheel should have 36 spokes with a knobby tire instead of 28 with a Slik like the later ones. The seat post bolt should be stamped 'AS'. It should have the wide 'Butterfly' handlebars. Here's a couple of photos of my (not 100%correct) '64:

Stingray%20The%20Grand%20Finale%201_zpslog0ue1q.jpg

Stingray%20The%20Grand%20Finale%202_zpsnxj8wk1s.jpg

Post some photos when you get a chance. I may be interested in the spare parts if you aren't planning to hold on to them.

Back