When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just picked up a weird Schwinn

-
My 10th Birthday was on a Friday the 13th. My Birthday present was a Daisy BB gun an it was a lemon! :tonguewink:
I had a pump daisy! I always pumped it up more than 10x as boys do thinking it shot harder or faster. Never did wear that thing out. Got it as an early teen for Christmas but I don't remember what ever happened to it.

Very strange , my brother dropped off this green 1969 typhoon on friday the 13th weird. I have been wanting this color all along and yes green bikes do not seem that common. I goy a BB gun for my 12th birthday and my buddy proceeded to shoot me directly in my face where the BB stayed for 37 years till I needed a MRI and had to have it removed. "you'll shoot your eye out kid"

sorry forgot pics

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

Swwweet Green Schwinn o_O I had a bb under my right thumb/ palm area. Cousin shot me with 1 of those break down pistols. Cut it out with the tip of a buck knife 1 day. I shot him behind the ear with a blow pipe & a paintball. Damn pressure points hurt worse. LOL he learned his lesson

I owned a faded red one 10 years ago. I think I sold it at Ann Arbor swap. Nice riding bike for sure.
Really rare to find with original US Royal Rider tires.
Did yours have US Royal Riders? Those were of the period, but I thought the balloon Jaguars came with Schwinn "Monsoon" tires. But you don't see many of those either.
There's no registry, but there's some good information in this thread:
It would be interesting to see how many of these there actually are, but nobody's put in the time to start a registry and keep it updated. Maybe when I retire.

I had the og us royal rider tires that were pretty dry rotted. I think I sold them with the bike.

The Schwinn pre-release ad stated whitewall royal riders. Later catalog descriptions listed optional black royal riders.

I think Royal Riders are correct for 1953/54.

Back