When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just picked up this survivor. Any idea on what I have?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sometimes straight bar refers to the down tube, on older bikes. I believe that by 1940, the relatively new CWC had models with curved down tubes.
Westfield was a hold-out; they even had double drop bar frames in 1940's, it is said. Snyder (Rollfast) went to the curved down tube in 1942 mens models, I believe.
I believe that pictures of the seat post cluster and seat stay bridge would be helpful.
The seat post clamp appears to be the old style integrated into the seat post cluster (hard to see).
Some Westfield frames had notched seat post clamp bolts, so that one did not require two wrenches.
Often the main joints at the bottom bracket are a hint toward Snyder versus Westfield.
I believe that the drop outs on Snyder bikes, may have had a notch between the drop stand pivot hole and the drop stand stop (ears).
Head tube holes for fastening a head badge might be somewhat helpful, but both Snyder and Westfield had mostly horizontal holes.

Last edited:
The serial number on the frame does not follow the Westfield serial numbering scheme for the late 30s and 40s. Here are some pics of the seat post hole.
5181d6891ef4c25e3258f20dd1c20014.jpg
5d8f6ae444113e7c52fac37ab1f70eb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Frame and fork look like Westfield built to me. Exactly like a 1939 I have. The serial number will tell.
With the G10 BB code I would say it is a Westfield frame built in October 1940. The other serial number of the frame confuses me. Perhaps a Road Master CWC with a Westfield frame?

Hopefully the forks will straighten out..I would check the head tube/top tube intersection for cracks as well as the steerer tube/forkcrown.

Hopefully the forks will straighten out..I would check the head tube/top tube intersection for cracks as well as the steerer tube/forkcrown.
I have a little brute and the fork has straightened out nicely. Didn't need much. It looks pretty solid under all the barn dirt and grime.

Fork beyond salvation. Luckily I had a spare in stock. This bike accident must have really hurt!
3d2c828873f61484b339f38848ba933c.jpg
1b240f764f22b121e5c830de4f2ecc05.jpg

Just finished striping down the bike and found the holes for the headbadge. The holes are vertical and are 2 3/8 inches apart. Any ideas what headbadge would go on this bike?

Back