When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Playin'Round with Ideas

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I have a Husky 24" trike that I bought a while back for like $50. I never owned a trike vintage or new so I couldn't pass up the pricey work horse But I don't like the way it rode so this will be a combined trike thread ; fitting the rear kit to multiple bikes for personal opinions and also to I guess document the older Desoto trike I recently acquired during the Covid 19 pandemic. 1st pic is the Husky trike axle mocked up to a 90's model Mercury Classic flex frame & 16" apes I use for mock ups since they're cracked.
20200503_095042.jpg

The Desoto as I got it for $50
20200503_104007.jpg

I have started tearing it apart, had to cut the damn pedal off to remove the crank after soaking it in PB Blaster multiple times & bending the chain ring (2nd time I have had to do this on a bicycle), and started cleaning / stripping the frame for paint

The next best thing to heat is shock. Sometimes a good shot with a hammer while trying to unbolt it knocks it loose.
Tried that too hahaha. I not only put a jack handle through the crank on a 2x4 to keep it from denting the frame, put a 2x4 under the chain ring so it would dig in and bite, sprayed for like 4 days with PB penetrating oil (usually loosens everything up or allows some minor movement) and the 3rd time I hit it with Stubby Bob aka the 2.5 Lb sledge the wald crank/chain ring jus' layed outwards. I cussed, I laughed, and then just angle grinded it off with the cut off wheel. No Biggie

Bare Metal Aluminum Kent La Jolla idea; will be bright polished & steel parts buffed shiny & cleared. May be for sale; has aluminum Rigida 26" wheels 2.125 Aero Glide white walls & a Huffy springer seat .... jus' a cheap chain store bike becoming a lil'cooler or having potential to be something a lil'different :confused:

Im building a custom 1950 schwinn phantom out of parts i had around! Smooth ride! Thinking of peal white with platinum trim!???

View attachment 1204302

View attachment 1204304
I dig that and wish I had enough vintage parts to throw a bike together. I am not big on white bikes but pearl white could be killer; especially if you're getting that opalescent look going on. This cheap bike will just be wire wheeled and then slightly sanded & rubbed down with some Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish. Nothing crazy like a mirror shine ....I could only put that much effort into a Monark lol

Back