When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just scored and old packard bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SmellyCat

On Training Wheels
I saw this at a yard sale and the bike sort of spoke to me to save it. Its a Packard with the s/n 3K7442 under the bottom bracket. If you can help me identify it, that would be cool. I just plan to clean and repack the gears. Maybe the paint will buff out. Thx SC

Attachments

• Packard bike.jpg
    Packard bike.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 168
OK everything that I'm throwing out here is open for debate. I don't think the wheels are correct, nor the crankset. I can't quite tell, but I think the rear dropouts are facing down rather to the rear, which makes me believe that it's a post war bike. And I didn't think postwar Colsons used a Packard badge. Hopefully I will be corrected if I'm wrong about any of this.

Could you also post a photo of the rear dropout (where the rear axle fits into the frame)?

Thanks. I checked with a friend. The Packard badge is probably correct for a post war frame, which I'm pretty sure that yours is, as indicated by the forward facing dropouts. I don't know the exact year from the serial number though.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link. I think that this style rack could possibly be correct for your bike.
Colson Rack.jpg

Back