When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just scored and old packard bike

-
Looks like it has the Colson 'Sweetheart' sprocket, used until just after Evans bought the co. in '54 or 5.

[SUP][/SUP]. rats. A 53. Instead of a 48 .still. Really cool bike. We had church craft fair today. And I expected a few folks to notice , but I was pleased at how many people came up asking about it and going for a ride. I've ran tin foil over the rust and gave it a coat o wax. Still looks like it needs a paint job. Just a great day. Back to the project, the back wheel gear hub has a plastic cap to squirt oil in, What king of oil goes in there? Sc

There was a lengthy discussion on this subject, but this quote from SirMike1983, seemed to be the most basic answer. "From what I recall, the 3-in-1 blue can with the motor on it is basically 20 weight oil and is pretty good stuff."

Back