When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just sharing a picture Schwinn DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

then8j

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I had some time off so after many hours I finally put my 1947 or so Schwinn Dx together. I enjoyed putting together but I kinda rushed it because the projects are building up. I only have 4 more bikes to put together before I can buy more..... how many of you out there can relate?
My wife says I have a sickness, I think I just need a bigger garage.

5305229930_2cc8484ff4_z-1.jpg

Untitled by then8j, on Flickr

Very nice! looks good did you use a stencil kit from Memory Lane? I'm about to buy one and was wondering how helpful are they, and what NOT to do....

Got the stencil kit from eBay (17.99) and they sent me enough to do it twice, and I needed it. Just make sure the base paint is dried and 'cured' before you put the stencil on it. Just take your time with it and it will save you time in the long run.

Hi, nice bike, I see that the kickstand mount is welded in on this model, do you guys now what years it's like this on Postwar DX's? I've 3 DX's but all have bolt-on kickstands.

Hi, nice bike, I see that the kickstand mount is welded in on this model, do you guys now what years it's like this on Postwar DX's? I've 3 DX's but all have bolt-on kickstands.

This is what I found from "bunch o bikes"
1944-46 The first Forward facing dropouts, Removable seatpost clamp, Built
In kickstand, Built in chainguard and fender mounts,New Schwinn built front
hub With caged bearings, New truss plate assembly,New semi tubular fender braces (not flat sided)

great info, but does that mean the dx frame I've are earlier if they have no built in kickstand?

Back