When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Juvenile single-tube tire compatibility

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Waffenrad

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi All,

You may have seen my previous thread looking for single-tube tires in juvenile sizes. My kids want to ride at this year's national Wheelmen meet in Wisconsin.

I had good luck getting 24" tires (thanks Brad & Catfish), but not so good for 20" ones.

Does anyone know, or has anyone tried, putting 20" BMX tubulars on 20" antique wood rims?

These tires were trendy about 20 years ago for lightweight 'mini BMX' bikes. They are now also near-unobtanium, but I did just buy a pair on Ebay. They were not cheap. But if they work, I'll buy another single from the seller while he still has one.

Does anyone know?????

Thanks,
Paul

I have not tried, but I would think that they would fit, but are on the skinny side. They also made sew-up road tires in that size. I used them on the front of my Radius recumbant about 25 years ago.

An option for you is to use wired on tiring like you would use on a high wheeler. If you have a wheelchair mechanic they would have the rubber in grey and could install it also. I found some in black that I used for some childs single tube wheels.

Back