When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep or Scrap???

-

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked this up this weekend. I bought it for one reason only but thought there might be other pieces of the bike that might be worth keeping. I don't know a lot about these years of "Schwinns" so I thought I'd put it out there for a game of keep or scrap. Everyone list what if anything you would keep on this bike. The remains may end up at the local salvage yard or re-purposed.

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1890.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

I would definitely save the tires.

A Rat Rodder or somebody who does Lowrider bikes, just might want the carcass. Throw it up RRB or eBay and let the ball roll...

Maybe keep the sprocket and crank, rims if straight, but those bars look gouged up pretty bad.

Is that really a Schwinn? I've never seen such a THING! LOL

$$$ for bicycle badges!
Please PM me, email me at [email protected], call me at Home at 1-208-687-5319 or
Text / call my Cell at 1-509-230-0613. Thank you very much! Barry

I'm always looking for any cool badge that catches my eye!

I'd keep the tires for sure. I'd probably keep the whole thing, You could make a cool rider out of it. It has potential...

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The tires are why I bought the bike. The crank, sprocket, and the bars are the other parts I would consider keeping. Anyone know what the year might be? It's chinese so I'm guessing late 1990's.

Back