When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep, Sell, Part? 1969 Heavy-Duti

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Aaron65

Look Ma, No Hands!
I've torn apart a '69 Heavy-Duti I bought from a coworker for $20. It's not in super great shape, but it'll do for a beater - the fenders are smashed, the seat is broken and covered with some rock hard goop that somebody used for lube, the front wheel was peeling (although I was able to use Rustoleum metallic chrome for a totally passable job), the pedals are trashed, the front axle was stripped, the kickstand bracket is bent to heck, etc. I have everything I need to put it together as a beater, but as you can see from one of my pictures, I have a ton of bikes, and I'm kicking around in my head what to do with this thing. I'm not much of a seller, but it sure wouldn't hurt to get rid of a few of the bikes I don't ride. And I'm not totally keen on parting out a bike that I could easily put together as a decent rider.

At this point, I'm just spitballing, and I'm willing to listen to any opinions if anyone's bored enough to give them to me. :)

I am always against parting a NICE original.This bike I think would be worthy of parting out though.It looks like it just takes up space.

The heavy duty bearings and spokes make these good adult riders. I have one with banana seat and ape hangers that's really comfortable to ride and looks pretty cool. Just an idea.

I have a heavy duty with a Whizzer kit on it. That big belly and non breaking frame is what we need with the thick spokes. Part the frame and state that it a springer will fit it to make it look like an antique frame. Spread the back fender opening to use a wide fender. I used several of these frames for clown bikes. They were called refinery/rental bikes. It is like Schwinn was making life-time-guaranteed bikes even at the end.

I decided to put it back together after all...I had most of the parts lying around, including a seat, a kickstand, and some really worn out pedals. I think I need to take a link out of the chain and line up the wheel a little better, but it rides pretty well. The wheels were really wobbly, but they straightened out nicely. I'm using some original Schwinn Westwinds that are a little dry but in pretty good shape. I think it looks pretty cool without the fenders. It's not my favorite bike ever, but it's not too bad.

I've torn apart a '69 Heavy-Duti I bought from a coworker for $20. It's not in super great shape, but it'll do for a beater - the fenders are smashed, the seat is broken and covered with some rock hard goop that somebody used for lube, the front wheel was peeling (although I was able to use Rustoleum metallic chrome for a totally passable job), the pedals are trashed, the front axle was stripped, the kickstand bracket is bent to heck, etc. I have everything I need to put it together as a beater, but as you can see from one of my pictures, I have a ton of bikes, and I'm kicking around in my head what to do with this thing. I'm not much of a seller, but it sure wouldn't hurt to get rid of a few of the bikes I don't ride. And I'm not totally keen on parting out a bike that I could easily put together as a decent rider.

At this point, I'm just spitballing, and I'm willing to listen to any opinions if anyone's bored enough to give them to me. :)

View attachment 1122332
View attachment 1122333

Be extra careful with that stand. I have one and even though it says it handles up to 60 pounds it failed when I had my 73 Continental that is about 35 pounds on it and one of the plastic tabs on the legs broke.
I ended up using the camping tool and used some 1 1/2” pipe as a wall mounted stand. I trashed the rest of the stand.

Back