When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kentucky chop shop is at it again

-

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
Does anyone else think this is highly unethical? I’ve only seen 3 mead crusader c-models now although the tank doesn’t match but it still seems unethical to me. What do you all think? (If the admins want to move it to a different section Sorry)
B7794B38-78F3-41CC-B45A-FCF301558696.png
12EE057F-1261-4ACE-AEE1-CE1C0665E652.png

In a capitalist society money talks the rest walks. If you wish to spend your time and money to get less for selling and packing a bike in the name of ethics, good for you. There is nothing stopping you from makiing an offer on the whole thing til one part sells- contact a seller if it is so important.

If lets say the bike would sell whole for the parts price (doubtful) the buyer usually expects the bike to be packed for free- this is a time and material intense operation if done right- selling parts I an get a reasonable amount of coverage for my packing - it is just easier to ship in separate boxes- no one buying the bike would be likely to pay the sum of the individual shipping costs- so no more shipping full boat bikes for me- they go to the swaps if they do not sell I am gonna part- tool old and crabby to spend a whole day packing just to hear about how much it costs. Although I have been thanked after the fact for the best packing job ever....some I know like to donate their time and materials but that is not me.
oh well 2 cents.

ps I have known Bob a long time and he is a good guy- He also sells a lot of stuff BIN which I would buy but too late cause the prices are good- also whole bikes!

Last edited:
Does anyone else think this is highly unethical? I’ve only seen 3 mead crusader c-models now although the tank doesn’t match but it still seems unethical to me. What do you all think? (If the admins want to move it to a different section Sorry)View attachment 765902 View attachment 765903

Mr Snyder isn’t a butcher. No real shame in parting out a parts bike.

Just buy it for the tank for your tallboy and sell the frame to recoup. Join the dark side.

I saw the chainguard sell last night as I was looking at it. Hockey stick for thus frame 70$. Unbelievable condition. Not really into c- models but would hold tank untilled I was. This guy sells some nice stuff but ain't always looking at his items.

Hes a nice guy, he just drove to my house in Pa and bought 5 bikes off me. Now if I ee them all parted Ill chang my tune but I doubt hed do that.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I KNOW BOB SNYDER AND HE IS A GOOD FRIEND.
BUT, REALIZE THAT HE BUYS AND SELLS A LOT OF BICYCLE STUFF
AND HAS HELPED A LOT OF PEOPLE FIND WHAT THEY NEED.
HOW HE DOES IT IS HIS BUSINESS AS WELL AS HOBBY.

WHAT THE BUYER DOES AFTER YOU SELL THE ITEM OR BIKE IS
NO LONGER YOUR CALL. I HAVE EXPERIENCED SELLING
AND THEN HAVING IT PARTED OUT. IT IS OUT OF YOUR HANDS
NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL OR YOUR ATTACHMENT.:weary:

Bob is a great guy and I have had many dealings with him. If he has the complete bike, I'm sure he'd sell it whole. I have picked up 3-5 complete bikes from Bob in the last couple years.

I just talked to Bob. The chainguard was not off this bike. He has had this frame, fork and tank for some time and never had the rest of the parts. If I was to part it, I'd remove the tank and crank and "really" part it.

Back