When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kickstand Complication

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Let's post those different types of kickstands. We've already got photos posted of every type under the sun, but they're scattered. Let's get them all here. I'll start out with two of my favorites: Wald rear axle and Jiffy.

Let's have this a no comment thread, unless it's information about the photo submitted.

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a aluminum alloy type made by both Pletscher and Greenfield. They are light, fit many bikes (by sawing some off the end with a hacksaw, if too long), and fold up nicely. The one shown has a top plate to clamp to the frame. This isn't needed with frames that have an integral bracket, where they are fastened with only a bolt thru the bracket.

A friend from Spain said that a kickstand is called a "pata de cabra" in Spain, which means "goat paw." The model shown below is not from Spain, but it was the only one I found to fit the odd, integral bracket on my Dyno Glide 24. I asked for help on the forum and Wildcat was clever enough and kind enough to recommend this one. It's an inexpensive, adjustable model from Bell but it fits this bike with slight modification to the bracket.

A friend from Spain said that a kickstand is called a "pata de cabra" in Spain, which means "goat paw." The model shown below is not from Spain, but it was the only one I found to fit the odd, integral bracket on my Dyno Glide 24. I asked for help on the forum and Wildcat was clever enough and kind enough to recommend this one. It's an inexpensive, adjustable model from Bell but it fits this bike with slight modification to the bracket.

View attachment 1088036

How about just classic or antique (the CABE)

OK, the word is Compilation, not complication. I thought someone was having trouble with a kickstand fit or application, only to find they just wish to gather a list. What a difference one word can make. School is out now, resume playing with bikes!

Back