When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickstand for '72 Raleigh Sports

-

Aaron65

Look Ma, No Hands!
After owning this bike for 10 years, I just figured out why it clatters over bumps. The kickstand won't allow the rear fender to clip over the frame. Does anyone know what kickstands these came with originally (if any), so I can find one that fits correctly? In the worst case, I could do some grinding, but I'd rather not. Thanks!

Aaron

Try an old bike shop. I have 4 or 5 of the Sports and most have different kick stands on them. 2 have Greenfield aftermarkets stands and those seem to be the best. Those you fit to the bike and cut the length to fit. Most bike shops will have these. Usually about $10 but I haven't bought one in a few years. Roger

The basic Greenfields can work, but then sometimes crush the stays. The best stand is the purpose-built ESGE "R-A" model stand.

https://bikeshedva.blogspot.com/2017/10/new-kickstand-for-raleigh-sports.html

20171002_185616.jpg

I ended up buying one of each! I found an ESGE kickstand on eBay, and it fits perfectly (as it should). I'll keep the Greenfield around for something else, because you can never have too many parts lying around.

Back