When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickstand help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Working on a 61 Higgins flightliner and have no idea about this kickstand. This is what was inside the frame. Was there a pin holding it in? Any help would be great. Thanks, rob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 101
Looks like a Schwinn copy, changed enough to stay out of court.
There should be a pin, my guess it would assemble from right to left: small washer, spring, slit washer, install into frame aligning split in washer with the bumps inside the barrel somehow.

Three little bumps

Inside the housing. But I have no idea how the spring interacts with them. Very strange design.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 94
Right, looks like the slot in the washer allows it to pass by the bumps, and somehow the bumps hold the KS in place?

Maybe you have to come in from the open side of the barrel and rotate the slotted washer with a screwdriver or similar once the KS is installed so the bumps hold the washer in.

I had the same problem and it took me 10 min to fix.
First put a pin through the hole like the picture shown and don't be afraid to drill through the hole to open if need be.
Secondly put the kickstand with the pin inside through the hole and on the other side ( sprocket side) put the spring inside and close
it with the washer.

I always repair kickstands with pins from the hardware store. I call them dowel pins but I feel like they're usually labeled something different. Just bring the kickstand to make sure it's a snug fit.

I always repair kickstands with pins from the hardware store. I call them dowel pins but I feel like they're usually labeled something different. Just bring the kickstand to make sure it's a snug fit.
A broken or dull drill bit cut to length works well in a pinch, too-

Back