When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kickstand Question???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STIKSHIFTER

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a '71 Schwinn Manta Ray. Early one "CG" non-disc brake. The kickstand is marked "341". When the kickstand is in the down position it does not go far enough forward to hold the bike up. The weight of the bike causes the kickstand to fold up. There are several Manta Ray kickstands on eBay that are marked "349" (see links...). I've tried a 349 and it's angles are all wrong.

So, do I have the wrong kickstand?
What's the correct kickstand?
Or, are there different cams/spragues?
If the "341" is correct, maybe mine is bent???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Ma...485255?hash=item48aeded847:g:sdoAAOSw2gxYu6~c

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Ma...062940?hash=item214249f15c:g:sSoAAOSwDcZbMwrj

Thanks in advance for any help!!! :)

According to the book, it should be a 347, perhaps the one you have ends in 7 and not 1? It sounds to me like a problem with the cam/sprague. I would take it apart and see if there are any obvious problems and if not, perhaps someone has replaced the original with one that is incorrect. Good luck.

Sounds like the cam is possibly rotated? There was also a change in the stands but I don't remember the year of the change. Newer/older pieces are not interchangeable.

According to the book, it should be a 347, perhaps the one you have ends in 7 and not 1? It sounds to me like a problem with the cam/sprague. I would take it apart and see if there are any obvious problems and if not, perhaps someone has replaced the original with one that is incorrect. Good luck.
The pt number on mine looks like 341 but it could be a 7 with the top missing.
Thanks!

Sounds like the cam is possibly rotated? There was also a change in the stands but I don't remember the year of the change. Newer/older pieces are not interchangeable.
The cam appears to be installed correctly.
It seems like there was a change in kickstands with the disc brake models???
I'm thinking the kickstand is possibly bent.
I'll be looking for another 347 to experiment with.
Thanks!

Put a crescent wrench on the plate and pull it out a little that will tighten the thing up and should work fine. I have done this many times and it works great.

So... it sounds like a /// 347 \\\ may not be the correct kickstand for an early '71 Manta Ray (non-disc).
And a 349 does not fit either. I believe they went to the 349 later to allow clearance for the optional disc brake.
Does anyone know what is the correct kickstand???
My measurements show it would need to be approximately 12 1/4" bend to bend and have a 130 degree angle at the spring end.

Back