When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kid's trike identify make & year please?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I got this lil'thing in a bicycle lot purchase & just would like to know. I have the original handle bars for it as well. Thanks for any help in advance

The head badge decal is Garton Toy Co., no earlier than the 1960s. Not sure how many years they used that style head badge but it is a later style.

Dave

The head badge decal is Garton Toy Co., no earlier than the 1960s. Not sure how many years they used that style head badge but it is a later style.

Dave
Thanks man. It gives me something to look into .... I don't normally have interests in collecting kid's stuff but I like that it's vintage & if there was ever an adult version I'd pedal the hell outta 1 :cool:. This 1 I jus' wanna gently clean & preserve to hang from the garage rafter.

How would I got about OA bathing this ; would I leave the tires on since they're solid rubber or try to remove them without damage ?

How would I got about OA bathing this ; would I leave the tires on since they're solid rubber or try to remove them without damage ?

It might be tough to remove the tires without them splitting due to age but if there is any chance at all of removal you will need to get the rubber as warm as possible to soften it before attempting removal. Fill a large pail with boiling water and submerge the entire wheel assembly until the rubber becomes pliable enough to push it off the rim. It still may split due to age but heat is the best friend you have for any chance of successful removal.

Back