When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KILL IT WITH FIRE -- Why do people do this (and help me ID so I can buy it)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

soddruntlestuntle

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Found this yesterday on my local FB marketplace page (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment)

298035201_8837443002947791_5183159809214822898_n.jpg

287972038_5202342923220947_8125391422899891986_n.jpg

I should be honored, as black and orange were my high school colors (go Gladiators!) but did you have to paint everything? Guess I should be happy he left the rims and spokes alone.

Listed as a '1951 bike', and when I inquired as to the make or if there were any other identifiable marks on the frame I received the response, "Yes, it's still available."

Sigh.

Oh, and I guess it's been powder-coated. Thank goodness I have a heat gun.

But nonetheless I'm intrigued by this monstrosity, as I don't have a tank bicycle with a springer fork in my little collection. Anyone have an idea what make this might be?

And not to go all Andy Rooney, but why can't people take pictures of BOTH sides of the bike? Would you only take a picture of ONE side of a car you're selling (wait, scratch that, some dingbats DO only take a picture of one side)?

Found this yesterday on my local FB marketplace page (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment)

View attachment 1681651

View attachment 1681652

I should be honored, as black and orange were my high school colors (go Gladiators!) but did you have to paint everything? Guess I should be happy he left the rims and spokes alone.

Listed as a '1951 bike', and when I inquired as to the make or if there were any other identifiable marks on the frame I received the response, "Yes, it's still available."

Sigh.

Oh, and I guess it's been powder-coated. Thank goodness I have a heat gun.

But nonetheless I'm intrigued by this monstrosity, as I don't have a tank bicycle with a springer fork in my little collection. Anyone have an idea what make this might be?

And not to go all Andy Rooney, but why can't people take pictures of BOTH sides of the bike? Would you only take a picture of ONE side of a car you're selling (wait, scratch that, some dingbats DO only take a picture of one side)?
Columbia frame and fork for sure...

Worth $100?
Im not sure about that.....kinda really depends on how badly you want a 50's columbia frame and fork. I think between the frame and fork you could probably get that for them to the right person but that might be ALL the money on it. Wheels and tires look good...

I'd pass at $100, given the amount of work you need to do just go get it back to a starting point where you can build. The previous owner(s) have actually made more work for you than if they had just left it as a heap of parts. But if you just want to mess with it and have fun, you can do that. If you want to strip the powder coat and build a clunker out of it, then it's more of a hobby/fun project. Just don't expect to save money or make money on it.

I'd pass at $100, given the amount of work you need to do just go get it back to a starting point where you can build. The previous owner(s) have actually made more work for you than if they had just left it as a heap of parts. But if you just want to mess with it and have fun, you can do that. If you want to strip the powder coat and build a clunker out of it, then it's more of a hobby/fun project. Just don't expect to save money or make money on it.
Was thinking about going the Klunker route, but having now looked at some examples of Western Flyer repros it sure looks like that's what I've got here, so I think I'll take a pass. Thanks to all of you for your wise counsel.

Back