When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Killer deal straight bar tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This listing has ended. pics to archive.

Vintage 1950s Schwinn Mens Straightbar Bicycle Tank Red White Hornet Spitfire​

Condition:Used
Sold for: US $249.98
Shipping: FREE Standard Shipping
1668893199110.png
1668893211277.png
1668893224565.png
1668893235711.png
1668893245322.png
1668893255535.png
1668893267101.png
1668893276581.png
1668893287546.png

1958-59 Tornado tank. Worth more than the bike huh? 😜
Is that not the same tank that would go on the even earlier straight bars? ( i'm still learning) I thought it was a good deal in that they sell for that price here on the cabe. My search of sold items turned up a few that sold for more and were in worse shape. Any time I see ebay items at Cabe prices I think of it as a good deal. The other similar tanks are priced $150 higher.

Is that not the same tank that would go on the even earlier straight bars? ( i'm still learning) I thought it was a good deal in that they sell for that price here on the cabe. My search of sold items turned up a few that sold for more and were in worse shape. Any time I see ebay items at Cabe prices I think of it as a good deal. The other similar tanks are priced $150 higher.

That tank was on a Middleweight straight bar frame, and I can't say if it will fit "good" on an older Balloon model or not. If the middleweight frames were made to the balloon frame specs then no problem. That Schwinn decal first showed up on some of the 1958 Phantoms and Tornado, and no other models built at that time used a straight bar tank. I doubt they changed the stamping dies on these straight bar tanks, so that tank would also fit the later Deluxe Tornado with the twin bar frames.

Back