When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Killer Kelly Bar Teens Joseph Strauss & Son "Bulldog" Courier Sloped Truss Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Great winter project opportunity or a great addition to any collection striving to include the courier or bicycle messenger tradition of Western Union (pictures attached for reference)

About to cross post this to the cabe but I thought I would give OBC crew a Chance first.
Killer Teens “courier” style sloping trussed frame with period rear heavy duty courier basket.
Jobber badged as a Joseph Strauss & Son “Bull Dog”
Kelly adjustable bars as often seen in period Western Union etc courier photographs.
Wood outer metal lined clincher wheels and tires, front is in excellent condition where as the rear is merely a placeholder and likely the reason it was eventually retired.
Hourglass hubset is very nice, turn smoothly with a variant of fixed gear hub on the rear, possibly Corbin or a New Departure Model R.
“Fish mouth” style joint from the secondary truss tube to the seat tube for your mfg ID purposes.
This would make a great winter restoration project if that is your inclination as the paint is so rough but it also has a certain crusty collectors appeal as it sits.
$1500 prepaid delivered to Memory Lane later this month.
Shipping can be done it will just take time and buyer will be responsible for buying the label & insurance after it is packed.
I experimented with a couple backgrounds that best showed this bike but PM for any details I missed or questions.

Bulldog1.jpg

Bulldog2.jpg

Bulldog3.jpg

Bulldog4.jpg

Bulldog5.jpg

Bulldog6.jpg

Bulldog7.jpg

Back