When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

King bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barfbucket

Finally riding a big boys bike
Who made the TOC King brand bicycle? I’ve seen them on the net in the past but it looks like the site is no longer there. Was this a Featherstone brand? There were so many early brands brands before the bust.

Who made the TOC King brand bicycle? I’ve seen them on the net in the past but it looks like the site is no longer there. Was this a Featherstone brand? There were so many early brands brands before the bust.
Do you have a photo or two? I would love to see it.

It’s at my daughters house. I’m going to pick it up next week, then I can take photos.
The Online Bicycle Museum has a photo of the same bike. It’s a poor attempt at restoration, chrome paint, or the chrome painted black, modern wheels. The head badge says King, M.C. Manufacturing Co. Chicago. My fork, seat and chain ring are different.

It’s at my daughters house. I’m going to pick it up next week, then I can take photos.

The Online Bicycle Museum has a photo of the same bike. It’s a poor attempt at restoration, chrome paint, or the chrome painted black, modern wheels. The head badge says King, M.C. Manufacturing Co. Chicago. My fork, seat and chain ring are different.View attachment 1621221
M.C. stands for Monarch Cycle; not associated with Featherstone. Looking forward to seeing your new wheel! Congratulations.

There are different Monarch's and Monarks.
There was an 1890's Monarch Cycle Mfr. Co. in Chicago. But also a separate UK marque as well. Both unrelated.
Monark was completely separate company from Chicago created by the Chicago Battery Co. in the 1930's. No connection to a Swedish Monark as far as I know. Huffman was start in 1934 and changed their names to Huffy in the 50's; they bought out Monark, Chicago just after that.

Last edited:
There are different Monarch's and Monarks.
There was an 1890's Monarch Cycle Mfr. Co. in Chicago. But also a separate UK marque as well. Both unrelated.
Monark was completely separate company from Chicago created by the Chicago Battery Co. in the 1930's. No connection to a Swedish Monark as far as I know. Huffman was start in 1934 and changed their names to Huffy in the 50's; they bought out Monark, Chicago just after that.
Wow, thanks for the great info. I was able to find some good information when I looked up Monarch

If one really wanted to confuse some people, they might paint the bike aluminum-silver, and call it a Monarch Silver King.

Nice bike; looks good in black.

Last edited:
If anyone needs to know how to remove a rust frozen Chicago Monarch patent two piece crank I just did it. Soaked submerged in acetone and ATV fluid did nothing. Took weeks of trying everything. Homemade wide screwdriver, fail. I then used a ground down drag link extractor and an impact wrench. The compression bolt came out.

I tried a bunch of stuff to remove the pressed on crank arm. Pickle fork with pry bars on the opposite side with heat did nothing. A gear puller wouldn’t fit, the space between the spindle and the crank arm is very tight.

I then tried a heavy duty bearing splitter and two legged puller. It didn’t fit around the crank arm unless one of the retaining bolts was removed from the splitter. I kept the splitter in place with a giant clamp where the splitter bolt had to be removed. The extractor bent a little and the compression bolt threads on the spindle were destroyed because I used a piece of well pipe over the wrench for extreme leverage. That did nothing, so, I decided that I may as well destroy the puller or the crank arm or both so I really tightened it down. The whole splitter shifted and got a little crooked as the splitter didn’t fit quite right. I used my MAPP torch and heated the crank arm around the spindle with the extreme tool busting force still applied. The metal turned blue yellow, the paint and bb grease flaming when suddenly it popped loudly and jumped off.

So, that’s how to get it off.

Last edited:
Back