When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

King Size American frame build dates

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So I don't have any pictures, but I checked my friend Israel Gonzalez's serial number on his King Size American after we came back from the Ann Arbor Show, and you won't believe it, but it's C228398, one after yours. Crazy.
No freakin way!?!

Long time lurker and haven't posted in a while. I have a blue KS frame that a buddy gave me years ago. Its just the frame and matching KS guard. I've since found a matching radiant blue fork and extended/grafted on a longer steer tube. The hard part was trying to find the fenders. Due to the larger geometry of the frame the fender mounting hole at the seat stay bridge aligns at a slightly different position radially on the fender (if that makes sense). Its like 3/8-1/2" off from a reg size middleweight fender.
The black KS above with the chrome fenders reminded me of this... quirky fun fact; Twinn (Tandem) middleweight fenders have the same hole position and fit a KS frame perfectly.
Man I love everything about this post and the gem about the fender parity is awesome.

We're there ever any king size models made other than the American? A friend has a speedster in original blue paint and he sent me some pics and it sure looks like it could be a bigger frame. May just be an illusion. Just curious what you guys new. I'm on the hunt for one of these big bikes.

There was more than one size Speedster frame none of which are called King Size. For than matter most lightweights camr in 3 sizes also. Usually 19, 21 and 23 inches. Some like the Varsity could also be also gotten in 25 and maybe 27 inch frames. Roger

We're there ever any king size models made other than the American? A friend has a speedster in original blue paint and he sent me some pics and it sure looks like it could be a bigger frame. May just be an illusion. Just curious what you guys new. I'm on the hunt for one of these big bikes.

As far as the cantilever frame goes, there were only two models post war that had larger frames for a short time, the American and the Heavy Duty.

My buddy Scott came over for a ride today and he brought his 1962 Schwinn King Size American...a radiant red beauty...

Scott B king size.JPG

Serial # C228835...March 15, 1962...a Model A18.

Scott B king size serial.JPG

Scott riding the '62 with my friend Johnny....

9-30-17 S and J.JPG

Yes...We rode up/down Niles Canyon, closed to cars all day. See post #7594 in "What bike did you ride today?" to see our ride...Lots of people riding, walking, skating, ...

Great day in Niles Canyon today!...

Back