When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

klaxon bicycle horns

-

pakman2

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was wondering what years were the hand bicycle klaxon horns sold and for how much. It seems like these horns took a lot of abuse as items being sold do not have original paint but have poor redone paint jobs.

They and a lot of repair parts are in the 1938 Island Cycle Supply Catalog., and none in a 1963 Service Cycle catalog I have.

Love those Klaxons! All mine are original patina.

575AD095-1206-4138-81D4-6B4C86EA5508.jpeg

I’m thinking they were offered pretty much from the teens up to before the war. I still see some pretty nice ones out there from time-to-time and have had them with original paint and decal. V/r Shawn

yesterday on e bid site a antique bicycle horn that appeared to be a EA klaxon horn sols for 968.00 dollars. What was so special about this horn.

I couldn’t find the link, but the only reason for such a high bid, that I can think of, was if it was the bicycle type, G.Piel, Long Hand Horn.
This type, was exclusive to the Harley Davidson Parts and Accessories catalog.
They very rarely show up for sale, and if you have an antique Harley Davidson bicycle, and you want a hand horn on your bike, then you need one of these horns.
How much is it worth to you?
Well, I guess that depends on how sweet your Harley Davidson bicycle is.

Back