When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Klunker V huh??

-
Here's the photos of the Black Schwinn + Klunker coaster,
Bdg #3557 same parts combination with 5 spd fork, chainguard

View attachment 1996891

View attachment 1996892

View attachment 1996893
Hi @koolbikes, I took the pics posted and the black bike belongs to my friend and neighbor. It’s fake and was likely a Spitfire but now sports the Klunker decal (and the wrong seat tube decal) on fresh powder coat. Not sure how the five speed fork got there. He’ll be bringing it by for a rear hub rebuild soon.

Last edited:
wish mine looked that nice but it was used in the southwest. Patina from the sun.........

SCHWINN KLUNKER 5.jpg

Hi @koolbikes, I took the pics posted and the black bike belongs to my friend and neighbor. Total fake, it was likely a Spitfire but now sports the Klunker decal (and the wrong seat tube decal) on fresh powder coat. Not sure how the five speed fork got there. He’ll be bringing it by for a rear hub rebuild soon.

YEP, if the head badge is original, it is definitely a Spitfire, since the KLUNKER 5 wasn't produced until a year later in 78...........

Last edited:
Back