When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Knocking me on the price!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm much more of a keeper than a seller, although I've bought and sold plenty in my lifetime. I usually know what I want for something, thinking what I paid for it, but most important how much I like it. if I get my asking price which I usually do im fine. once you sell something its out of your control. how many times have you heard from the potential buyer, I can't make money on that price. props to the sellers and the flippers they keep stuff turning, it's almost always for sale, you just have to pay a little more and sometimes a whole lot more for it.
I’ve bought a lot from you kccomet and have always found you to be fair and reputable. You don’t usually try to squeeze the last dime out of anything but sell for a fair price. In other words some meat left on the bone. I appreciate that.

I should clarify a bit here; I have been a collector/dealer of all sorts of vintage collectibles for over 40 years. In that time dealing with people, I've heard every line in the book that people use to get a better price. Is it annoying to have someone tell you they really want it for their collection, or their dying uncle who had it as a kid, only to see them flip it immediately for a fat profit? Of course! But it's how it is in our capitalist society, it's how it is (as so many have said above) so sellers don't be naive. My attitude for years now is once I sell something, I don't care what someone does with it... they can sell it for a big profit, or run it over with their truck, I don't really care - if I got my price for it, that's all that matters. If I sold it too cheaply, or fell for their BS, that's on me; they won't get the chance to do it a second time though.

I'd venture to say 99% of us would like to buy something at the lowest price possible, and when we sell something we want to get the highest price we can... that's simply human nature, especially in our system of trade. My problem here really is those who try to leverage a seller to negotiate a better price after the fact, especially when the thing was a bargain to begin with... THAT'S what I find despicable. I offered this buyer a remedy; a full return/refund but he still tried guilting me, and essentially threatening my reputation if I didn't give him a discount. It happens on ebay too, buyers leveraging a rebate or refund, but there at least you have an advocate (in both ebay and Paypal) to settle baseless complaints designed solely to lower the price, or threats of affecting reputation (leaving negative feedback). Here, this buyer is inferring he'll tell others in this community that I'm dishonest, it's obscene really, and sad he's willing to stoop to that just to get a couple of bucks back. It goes far beyond BS-ing me to get the best price out of the gate, it's downright malicious, and abhorrent, and lacks the honor I usually see here on the CABE.

I would guess that most members on the Cabe are straight up and good people.Every hobby has those that feel they can get rich by playing games a dollar at a time. I guess there would not be bike show/swap meets if we didnt have sellers at the shows.Most sellers I have met over the years are good for the hobby.I know of some that play cut throat and try to retire on bike show money. Its the circle of life in bike collecting.First you take an original and strip the money parts off.Second is to sell the remains to usually a new collector.The new owner of the project now has to look for the money parts to finish the project he just bought at the price the seller wants. The cycle starts over again.lol All the friends/sellers I see at the bike shows are good people and really enjoy the hobby

What gripes my ass, is when a buyer tells me that it will remain in their collection and they will give me first right of recision to buy and then sell it to someone else, without regards to our agreement.
They will never have the privilege to buy from me, again.
This is the item I sold.

View attachment 943766

View attachment 943767

View attachment 943768

View attachment 943769

View attachment 943770
What a shame for a complete bike like that to be parted out.

A true collector has respect for the hobby and not just trying to make a buck.There are certain bikes that are acceptable parts bikes.Some bikes should be kept together.Another thing that a shame is the typical restorer.To take a bike with nice patina and strip it down and "restore' it also is a shame/

What gripes my ass, is when a buyer tells me that it will remain in their collection and they will give me first right of recision to buy and then sell it to someone else, without regards to our agreement.
They will never have the privilege to buy from me, again.
This is the item I sold.

well, you know the one in your collection I want, and if I could manage it, I would have it and be buried with it. :)

When I offer something for sale, I generally don't give a hoot what the buyer does with the item...
my attitude changes a Tiny bit if they give you the song and dance about how it's going to be a
"keeper" ....been looking for ever....then sell it shortly after.
If it's a keeper? Then keep it.
If it's not a keeper...don't even state your intent....do what ever you want.

If someone wants to flip something I sold them... power to them! Even a feel good moment
as I'm thinking a gave that person a good price or wholesale and they can run with it and make a $

Keepers are keepers...for a good long while (how long? I guess we have yet to determine)
.... when a stated 'keeper' is flipped instantly?
Douchie move always by the buyer.

Most buyers want a whole bike at a parts price less discount for buying a pile-people that want to keep bikes whole should pay premium for gathering all the parts in one place-alas!
That said I do not part good originals unless I only get ridiculous offers. Buyers are not always the white knight. Time for my ramen.

Back