When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Knocking me on the price!!

-
I can understand “feelings” any one of us may have for a bike, but if you get upset because you sold someone something and they didn’t do with it as you thought they should or said they would, just remember that before you owned it, someone else owned it, and maybe someone before them, should everyone in this chain of ownership be upset? Just a thought guys, we get attached to “stuff”, I’m as guilty as anyone.

Bottom line is KARMA. I agree with all that these guys are douches, and that is their problem. They have to step on toes for every nickel and score and live with the stress. We get to learn from their mistakes and enjoy life and our hobbies.

There are some people that think they are big time "deal makers" because they flip a bike or a few parts and make a few bucks. These are not collectors.They are opportunists who think they are going to get rich by "nickle and diming" their way through life. Get a real job and make real money.lol
Some would even call it "The Art of the Deal"! In my experience, these are the same folks who are always the first caller on craigslist ads, who say "what's the least you'll take for it?"

I always tell folks whether it's going to stay in my collection or if I'm going to sell it. Also, if I'm going to sell it I let them know what my expected margin is going to be. Seems like the fair thing to do.

sadly thats what keeps happening. i sold a bike to a guy for a good price...i lost a lil money on it but he seemed like he really wanted it for his collection. not even 3 days after getting it i see it parted out on ebay and at what he had things priced at it would of been a 2000 percent upgrade from what he paid for it. i was hot for like weeks. Then he asked to buy another bike from me. told him to kick rocks!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I totally agree with your statement on people trying to get some thing for nothing and then turn around and sell it for 10000% more than they paid for it. Like the guy on e-bay who thinks that 26" coppertone frames are worth $250.00 for a corroded frame, dented fenders and crank rack and chain guard.

When it comes to bikes and parts, I am more of a collector than seller, but will occasionally offer up some stuff that I dont need. I price it fairly and more often than not, it sells. I have found that there are always some people, (mostly dealers) that always ask for a "deal" or make an unreasonable offer. If I know the item is priced fairly, I pass on the offer.

Seems rampant at the bike shows, and there are always those special people that always want to beat you up, even if your item is priced well below market value.

As many of you know, I'm also the guy that pays your asking price promptly and happily if it is fair.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
Home of the Muscle Bike "Show within the Show"
www.mcacn.com

When I was at memory lane last year for the first time it cracked me up how often someone bought something from a few rows down and then put it out for sale at a higher price minutes later. I think I seen the same bike at 5 different locations with a different asking price. I sell quite often but I sell to buy the stuff I like.

If it wasn't sold it wouldn't have been for sale on another table , it goes round and round ...

Back