When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate ID Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kodyind

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don't know much about Krates and i found a 1969 for sale so how can i tell if the parts are oem and not repop, i know about the frame serial number and rims but I don't know about things like fenders, handlebars, springer front fork, seat ect...

I don't know much about Krates and i found a 1969 for sale so how can i tell if the parts are oem and not repop, i know about the frame serial number and rims but I don't know about things like fenders, handlebars, springer front fork, seat ect...
The fenders can be difficult but they should show somw age like the rest of the bike. The handlebars will have a date where they clamp. The springer as well should show even age. The real '60s chrome woud age evenly when you see rust and chrome loss next to perfectly good chrome often repop. Some pictures would tell more. Some of the guys here can tell the fenders by the position of the braces. Seats can be tough as a good recover can be difficult to tell. You need to look in some other post foir tell eale signs of real springers like long straight weep holes at fork ends and where the the fork and truss ends are pressed they should have a curve not straight. Really you need to look at the wear on the bike it should be consistent all over. What color is it and what are they asking. When you see a complete Krate under $1000 usually tells you something. A nice example of any '69 can go for twice that. See if you can get some pics to post. Here is a pic of the springer fork ends

IMG_1384.jpg

Yup, consistent entropy.
This was mine when I bought it. Zoom in to see the aging on the paint, fenders, etc.
97BE1066-F476-4D81-B131-703ACC8BF89F.jpeg

Worn orange glitter grips, wear on brake lever covers, cables are discolored, etc.
Doesn’t look like a repaint.

Genuine Orange Krate Ithink.

I would buy that.

Looks like a nice original and it will clean up well. $1900 is a really good price on this 69. Seat looks redone and it should have an orange color line gripper, otherwise looks original

Back