When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate ID Help

-
Schwinn ballumpkin headlight
1679075893182.jpeg

I would think any period Correct light would work. These were not issued with a light.

I would think any period Correct light would work. These were not issued with a light.
No, they weren't issued with a light and it would be easier to just take it off, really...but this is one of those cases where it's close, but no cigar and it deserves to be pointed out considering the prices of the actual Pumpkin light.

This example is the earlier version with no amber reflectors. There are only 2 listed on eBay right now, neither with reflectors.

Screenshot_20230317-143837.png

I don't believe this is the exact dollar amount it should sell for, but .....The batteries often rot them out, so a good one is getting harder to find and so, they do fetch a premium. The last one I traded off was valued at $200 and that was several years ago, before COVID pricing took off. These Stingray Accessories go for STOOOOPID money. I just don't want the new guys to be fooled by something "almost correct". Ya dig?

No, they weren't issued with a light and it would be easier to just take it off, really...but this is one of those cases where it's close, but no cigar and it deserves to be pointed out considering the prices of the actual Pumpkin light.

This example is the earlier version with no amber reflectors. There are only 2 listed on eBay right now, neither with reflectors.

View attachment 1805715
I don't believe this is the exact dollar amount it should sell for, but .....The batteries often rot them out, so a good one is getting harder to find and so, they do fetch a premium. The last one I traded off was valued at $200 and that was several years ago, before COVID pricing took off. These Stingray Accessories go for STOOOOPID money. I just don't want the new guys to be fooled by something "almost correct". Ya dig?
I dig ....

It looks just like the one I posted except for with the amber reflectors on the sides like what is on your bike. Notice the one I posted has a black rotary knob with a scripted "S" on the back and the ribbed indentations that are cause for its nickname, the "Pumpkin" light.

I personally wouldn't buy one from eBay or any site really, considering the prices people ask for them. I'd wait to find another bike super cheap, rob the light off that and resell the cheap bike.
Actually, here is a link to an era correct one that sold recently.

Or just don't put a light on the Krate at all, they still look great without one!

Back