When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate sissy bar cross brace question

-

Grey Ghost

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone know of a cross bar/ brace made for sissy bars?

Having finished my Krate, and clamping the cylinders at the very bottom for maximum leg extension while riding, I have noticed a bit of torsional twisting.

I don’t weigh a ton, 165lbs, but enough that things flex more than I would like.

Some type of brace tying the sissy bar tubes together midway or so would probably stop most of the flexing.

Any ideas for this?

I know it wouldn’t be original looking if I did it but I don’t care.

I know a Schwinn tail light, the kind that fit between the crossbars would work.
Probably hard to find and expensive.

Just a chrome, stainless or even black tube with clamps would work.

Perhaps a reflector bracket placed strategically would help & add safety! I've seen some old brackets that are quite stout considering their job of holding a reflector. Perhaps being overbuilt would give the support you need.

I ‘m thinking that’s the answer.

Most for sale aren’t showing any two piece bracket hardware though, just the brace and a couple nuts and bolts. I wonder if you are supposed to bend the thing around on itself or something.

I’ll keep looking.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone know of a cross bar/ brace made for sissy bars?

Having finished my Krate, and clamping the cylinders at the very bottom for maximum leg extension while riding, I have noticed a bit of torsional twisting.

I don’t weigh a ton, 165lbs, but enough that things flex more than I would like.

Some type of brace tying the sissy bar tubes together midway or so would probably stop most of the flexing.

Any ideas for this?

I know it wouldn’t be original looking if I did it but I don’t care.
I'm going to be building mine soon and would think I would experience the same thing due to the height I would set the seat. I have a repop and my original bar. Is your sissy bar the original? Maybe the repop will be a bit more stout and resist twisting more so. I will see how it goes. Good luck with your project and lets see some pics.

I'm going to be building mine soon and would think I would experience the same thing due to the height I would set the seat. I have a repop and my original bar. Is your sissy bar the original? Maybe the repop will be a bit more stout and resist twisting more so. I will see how it goes. Good luck with your project and lets see some pics.
I believe my sissy bar is original.
Let me know your thoughts on the repop bar.
Btw, did that bar come pre drilled for the rolled pins?

I’ll let you guys know how mine feels after attaching the utility bracket.

Just finished overhauling the rear hub. Just waiting on a new front tire, then put on the handlebar grips and I think I’m done.

I will definately post some pics.

1667350210467.png

Use one of these basic 2 pc. Reflector clamps. Get rid of reflector and use it as lic. Plate mount.

Back