When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate sissy bar cross brace question

-
Lets see pics!

they make a heavy duty shock rebuild kit for the Krate sissy bars, for adult heavier riders. I believe that will solve the problems here as long as everything else is tight and mounted properly. I know guys over 200 pounds riding these just fine
Yes sir you are correct. The repop bar works fine with a HD spring I imagine even better. I do understand how one may find the ride a bit squishy. I'm 175+ pounds this time of year but I have no complaints about the ride. The sissy and spring fork combined make for a much smoother ride then I expected almost like the feel of a few of my balloon tire bikes. How close are the repop sissy bars to the original? Can I interchange parts from re pop to original ?

they make a heavy duty shock rebuild kit for the Krate sissy bars, for adult heavier riders. I believe that will solve the problems here as long as everything else is tight and mounted properly. I know guys over 200 pounds riding these just fine
I have my original sissy bar from my Krate and the seat mount hole has a weld repair. I have a vintage standard sissy bar is it possible to use the standard to replace the bar from the Krate sissy? Can I replace the part on my original with a standard sissy bar?

Back