When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate springer question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes the Krate springer was the 24" version and the 26" should be fine. My Pig Bike has the 26" springer with a 20" lightweight wheel and it looks awesome that way.
He will need to compensate for the length difference in the steer tube but I did that on my frame and it came out great with more threads and the Harley axle spacer.
Zoom in on the top of the fork to see the setup.
View attachment 1690847
That’s insane!

You could use a taller sissy bar though.

That’s insane!

You could use a taller sissy bar though.
I had a 5' sissybar in high school, bought it at Browns Department Store for $5.95 plus maybe 5% tax. That was around 1974.
I had to bend this one myself from a 10' stick of 1/2" conduit.
It's like the 5' sissybar never existed and 4' bars are over $100 most of the time.
Yeah, that bike was a little over the top. It was originally a Pig Bike someone got from me and put a later banana seat and grips on. The guy got rid of the Solo Polo and the teardrop red grips, and when I tried to rebuild it as a Pig Bike it just wasn't the same.
So now it really isn't the same.

I know man. I was only telling the story of its height.
I actually wanted it to be 6' tall but I couldn't find anything 12' long to make it with unless I ordered it, and the shipping was more than the tube!
Thanks for responding to my bike man.
Rob

Back