When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krate value - help!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Hi Stingray guys,

I'm into prewar and just postwar ballooners, but one of my clients for other vintage stuff asked me to find him a Krate. I'd like to find him a complete and correct Orange Krate (or will consider other colors too). It can be original or repainted as long as it's a professional job.

It does not need to have disc brakes or any other accessories or upgrades, just the basic 5 speed Krate with stick shift on the top bar, ape hangers, springer, drum brakes, etc.

I see folks asking around $2500 for bikes like this, but is that what they're really selling for just now?

Does anyone have any guidance on what I should expect to have to pay for a complete, clean Krate?

Are there any glaring things to look for when considering one?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Balloonatic O-O

Do an eBay completed listing search, that will give a pretty good indication.

As far as specifics about any particular one you’re buying post it up here before purchasing. A lot of knowledgeable folks here can dissect a bike pretty well. They have reproduced some Krate models a few times so look out for that and their associated parts, too.

Good luck!

Back